In this blog, I share 5 reasons to consider giving some attention and intention to the New Moon connection. Of course, and by all means, list as many New Moon /New Beginning reasons as you desire.
1. I really like the idea of experiencing the New Moon each month as a chapter in my ongoing life narrative. The lunar cycles and rhythms are a perfect time to explore intuitive insights, creative desires and expressions.
2. As you read this blog, I want to encourage you to recognize the tremendous ability you have for shifting awareness and life directions each month. The Moon is just as important in your birth chart as the Sun. Why not take the opportunity to create some relaxation time and also give your Astrology chart --“Life Map”-- a read.
4. Let’s take a look at the New Moon for this month which is in the sign of Cancer. The Sun is also currently in the sign of Cancer, with the summer solstice having just opened a fantastic energy portal. Yes, a portal or vortex, which means you are in a powerful energetic place to reconnect and reawaken to the dreams and visions that are sitting in the subconscious realm of your mind/body connection. Each month we all have a new beginning in some area of life. Check your “Life Map” and find the house positions with the Moon and the sign of Cancer.
The other part of my work, along with Astrology guidance, is in the areas of group and self- empowerment using music, sound, toning, and drumming to enhance life well being and soul/creative expression.
- It is well known that sounding and toning (using vocal tones) can help to realign, harmonize, and rebalance the mind/body and reconnect your soul awareness.
- So over the next 30 days or so give yourself the opportunity to use your own voice to shift your energy. Because this New Moon is in the water element, it is symbolic of renewal, cleansing, refreshing and bringing clarity to and about your dreams and visions. Using your own voice to move energy, is a powerful way to shift your life outlook.
- Each day, preferable in the morning when you get up take 10 to 15 minutes and do the following vowels:
- AH AY EE O OO. This is a chant that will get you connected to yourself and the day. What you are really doing is beginning the process of rebalancing. Your intuitive wise self understands where the energy needs to go. This chant is continuous; start with a cadence that feels comfortable. If 5 minutes is all you can do the first few days enjoy it. (Note: no singing lessons needed for this, just let the sounds come forth).
- Why do this? Sound is vibration and everything in our lives is energy vibration. Energy is either static (blocked, suppressed, frozen) or dynamic (flowing and open). By using your own ability to sound, you can change your life direction and manifest your deepest desires.
- Be sure to relax, rest, and reflect during this New Moon.
From me to you,
Happy New Moon.